Thursday, March 3, 2011

Has Peter Gammons Gone Off The Deep End?

In the past year or so, Peter Gammons has become increasingly vitriolic for no apparent reason. Of course, he's a media legend and had a stroke a few years ago, but at what point do we hold him accountable for the things that he says?

 I think he crossed the line today by publicly accusing Mike Huckabee of being a member of the KKK.


For those of you who aren't aware, Orval Faubus was the Governor of Arkansas who ordered the Arkansas National Guard to keep schools from integrating in disobedience of the Supreme Court's desegregation order. 

We'll see if anyone else is willing to criticize such a revered sports reporter. He should be held responsible for his words, and it might help him to get that kind of wake up call.

9 comments:

  1. What is it with sports guys who want to be political pundits, e.g., Gammons and Olbermann? Do they have inferiority complexes and want to prove to the big boys that they too can Think Deep Thoughts? They usually end up embarrassing themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. hydra onion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. dark web sites

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. tor hydra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. dark web sites

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. dark web sites

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. tor hydra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. deep web

    ReplyDelete